Sweetwater Private Equity invests in market-leading companies alongside top private equity and venture capital firms. Our team brings decades of principal investment experience as well as extensive operational, underwriting and deal structuring expertise to the private equity secondaries market. We specialize in working with General Partners to generate liquidity for single assets or portfolios of assets. Sweetwater has deployed hundreds of millions of dollars of capital across dozens of companies.
Sweetwater is currently seeking an experienced Accounting & Finance professional to join their team as an Accountant reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working alongside the operations team.
• Cash management and operations
• Cash forecasting and budgeting
• Support Fund Administrator with investor reporting and preparation of partner capital account statements
• Support Fund Administrator with and review the allocation of waterfall calcs / capital calls / distributions
• Support Fund Administrator with and review the preparation of fund quarterly/annual financial reporting
• Coordinating and supporting the annual financial statement/reporting/filing with auditors and tax accountants
• Support portfolio valuation process to maintain adherence to valuation policies and calculating fund/asset performance (IRR/MOIC)
• Tracking portfolio company investments
• Provide support for various portfolio operational matters, including accounting, risk management/insurance and other SEC compliance related tasks
• Support investment and investor relations teams with preparation of quarterly and annual materials, including fund level performance analysis and annual presentations.
Experience / Technical
• Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from a reputable program
• Must have a CPA license or in the process of obtaining a CPA license
• Microsoft Excel proficient (Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, etc.)
• Strong Entrepreneurial spirit
• Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented, highly organized
• Team player with good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Self-starter with positive attitude and hard work ethic
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally working in a small team environment.
• Excited about working and living in San Diego, California
Sweetwater offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and is based on qualifications.
Interested Candidates should reach out to Matt Kelsay at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company – Sweetwater Private Equity
Location – San Diego, CA