Uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to prepare financial analysis reports; analyze accounting related issues, policies, and new accounting guidance; and support SEC reporting requirements. Limited guidance is provided to perform varied, complex accounting functions. Evaluation, originality and ingenuity are required to locate, select and apply appropriate procedures, processes and techniques to specific assignments. Recommends solutions to complex problems and researches proper treatment related to any accounting or disclosure issues. Regular contact with senior management and other internal customers is required to prepare financial reports and analysis and identify, research, and resolve accounting issues and problems. Facilitates the establishment and update of accounting policies and procedures. Acts as a consultant to internal groups on complex accounting matters, and performs research on accounting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uses financial reporting accounting software to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal reports.
• Prepares reports of operating financial information for management.
• Prepares disclosures for SEC filings.
• Researches and makes recommendations to resolve transactions or accounting problems.
• Responds to internal/external auditor request and inquiries and coordinates with internal and external auditors on accounting issues.
• Researches issues regarding application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Follows new and emerging accounting guidance, as well as evaluate potential impacts on the organization and communicate to key stakeholders.
• Identifies and recommends process improvements to increase efficiency in processing or analyzing financial information.
• Facilitates the maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
• Facilitates implementation of changes to the financial statements and SEC Filings, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
• Accounting software packages.
• Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing financial statements.
• Resolving unusual transactions and accounting discrepancies.
• Preparing financial statements, and management reports.
• Researching GAAP issues.
• Developing and documenting accounting policies.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets and complex databases.
• Implement changes to standard procedures when required by specific situations and circumstances.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Explain or clarify financial information to all levels of management.
• Provide training to others.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance (Accounting preferred) and a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in preparing and analyzing financial information; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• CPA, or on track to obtain CPA, required.
Company – Raymond Jones
Location – St. Petersburg, FL