TrueBridge Capital Partners is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and talented accountant to serve as a Controller on its operations team. The Controller will lead day-to-day management and oversight of the accounting, performancereporting, direct investment valuations and treasury functions for TrueBridge’s funds.. This person will take on a leadership role within the Operations team and will work closely with the CFO to deliver a best-in-class operations function. Compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience.
TrueBridge is a leading venture capital investor located in Chapel Hill, NC with approximately $3.4 billion under management. The firm invests in venture and micro/seed funds, as well as directly in high-growth private technology companies. TrueBridge is known for partnering with Forbes Media, Inc. to produce some of the industry’s marquee annual venture capital rankings, including the Midas List of top technology investors and the Next Billion Dollar Startups List of outstanding next-generation technology companies. TrueBridge is a cohesive team of twenty three experienced professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative culture, who are driven by their roles as trusted stewards of capital and by the fast-paced, rapidly growing venture industry.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate with our fund administrator to ensure that transactions and valuations are booked timely and accurately
• Manage timelines and priorities with our fund administrator to ensure that quarterly/annual financial statements and partner capital statements are issued on time and with accuracy.
• Reconcile, review and approve financial statements and partner capital statements for our funds.
• Lead the monitoring, forecasting, and overall management of cash needs for our funds, including managing line of credit draws, capital calls, and distribution processes.
• Reconcile/approve cash transactions, calculations, notices and transfers for our funds.
• Manage the valuation process for our direct investment portfolio.
• Lead the coordination of the annual audit process.
• Provide portfolio metrics and analytics for all internal and external performance reporting requirements.
• Participate in and lead meetings with service providers – fund administrators, auditors, , banking relationships, tax accountants, and others as necessary.
• Coordinate tax reporting and K-1s for our funds..
• Manage an operations analyst on the finance team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 7 to 10 years post-CPA experience with a good understanding of investment fund accounting, particularly private investments.
• Exceptional judgement, integrity, work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and collaborate.
• Comfortable working on a small, tightly knit, performance-oriented team.
• Big 4 experience will be desired.
• Experience managing small teams will be preferred.
• Familiarity with Dynamo will be preferred.
• A desire to be in Chapel Hill for the long term.
Interested candidates should email their resume to: email@example.com
Company – True Bridge
Location – Chapel Hill, NC