Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
The Product Owner – DAS Development is the owner of one or more significant features of the Dynamic Audit Solution (DAS). The DAS Product Owner will be embedded within one or more DAS development Scrum teams and is responsible for acquiring the definition of features, ensuring user stories are appropriately prioritized, working closely with the Scrum team(s) to translate this into the software product and reviewing the finished work products. This role is a key contributor to the transformative, cloud-based audit software that leverages data, technology and a revolutionary new audit methodology to enhance audit quality, drive efficiency and provide insights ot audit engagements and clients.
This position is remote. The position can work from any continental US based location, except California.
The team runs on east coast US time, and the position is expected to be available to work during reasonable business hours. Once business travel resumes, there is likely to be occasional travel to NYC or other locations in the US northeast corridor
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Product Owner for one or more DAS scrum teams, focused mostly on creation of data-driven, audit-specific features
- Lead coordination between DAS subject matter experts, both internally and contracted from DAS participating firms (or otherwise engaged to the project), and the scrum teams to promote the development of content that is in line with identified priorities, consistent with defined content specifications and to avoid duplication of efforts
- Manage a smooth flow of content and communication between the core methodology team leads and the scrum team leads and members in coordination with the senior DAS leadership team
- Lead coordination between methodology workstream leads and scrum team leads on the integration of designs for key areas such as risk assessment, internal controls, sampling, etc. into the DAS application
- Manage the pipeline of content delivery to the scrum teams to help ensure a consistent flow of material over time to avoid bottlenecks and idle time
- Create and author accounting and auditing content (e.g., “documents”, “smart checklists”, other) into the DAS application using technology vendor-furnished authoring tools, leveraging the methodology content built by the Methodology Team, along with technical designs and users stories provided by the Product Owner and App Designers/Architects
- Drive innovative content and designs to promote a transformative and integrated, data-driven audit
- Create content, designs, whitepapers and other workstream output for DAS methodology workstreams
- Manage coordination with CPA.com, DAS application development team members and other vendors on custom programming and test automation
- Coordinate between DAS and related AICPA Cloud-based solutions on common and complementary functionality (e.g., OnPoint EBP)
- Effectively coordinate with the DAS software/technology partner on key product dependencies and timelines for delivery of key features and functionality
- Provide onboarding support for new development team members including sharing of relevant materials and support in accessing and navigating the DAS application and the related cloud-based technology platform on which the DAS application runs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Innovative and technologically experienced, willing to develop expertise in the DAS application the related cloud platform on which it runs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, adept at critical thinking and managing complexity
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate and team across functions while fostering strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to present to stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and remotely
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Management Information Systems/Computer Science
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience within accounting/auditing firms/technology companies.
- Some level of auditing experience is critical in order to understand the design, develop the solution, and incorporate into the platform to achieve the desired result
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Technology and software development background
- Experience in audit software implementation, preferably within a public accounting firm
- Familiarity/experience with cloud-based technologies
- Experience with Visual Basic for applications, VBA (including developing reports using Business Intelligence or report writing software, Excel/Office macros, and/or expertise in complex Excel formulas desired)
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum and/or other iterative software development processes
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.
Company – AICPA
Location – Durham, NC