Title: Finance Manager of University Presbyterian Church
Inclusive of Preschool, Endowment, and Presbyterian Campus Ministry
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Reports to: UPC Co-Pastor, Meg Peery McLaughlin
Directly Supervises: Financial Assistant
Status: Full Time
*Willing to have conversation about hybrid (home/office) schedule.
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical benefits for employee and family; death and disability coverage; pension (8.5% of salary, vested after 3 years of employment); 20 days of PTO per year.
The Finance Manager, working with the Treasurer and Financial Assistant, is responsible for the execution, recording, and reporting of all financial activity of the church. The Finance Manager is responsible for managing payroll and benefits activity, supporting the audit, and ensuring all financial-related forms are filed in a timely manner. The Finance Manager also provides support and guidance to staff and congregational members regarding charitable contributions.
- Responsible for all accounting functions.
- Oversee treasury management and accounts payable activities of Financial Assistant
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annually financial statements and/or reports to staff, committees, and Presbytery. Prepare member reports quarterly.
- Oversee contributions, including stock gifts
- Administer outsourced payroll function, including preparation and submission of payroll documentation, verification of accurate payroll, recording in financial system, and timely distribution of payroll-related tax documents
- Oversee employee benefits
- Support stewardship campaign with weekly reports and additional requests
- Perform all asset reconciliations in a timely manner
- Provide documentation to external auditor for annual audit
- Serve as point of contact for staff and congregational finance-related questions
- Maintain and file refund requests for sales taxes paid
- Strong Ethical Compass – good judgment and can be relied on to do the right thing
- Global Thinker with Attention to Detail – able to manage and review at a high level while ensuring accuracy at a detail level
- Confidentiality – committed to keeping personal information confidential and sharing information only with the appropriate recipients
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – exhibits collegiality and helpfulness toward staff and congregation, aims to build trust and good rapport
- Fiduciary Responsibility – acts always in the best interest of the church
- Accounting Experience – possesses a strong understanding of GAAP. Experience with nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Education/Training – Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. CPA designation preferred.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All employees are required to have their COVID 19 Vaccination
Company – University Presbyterian Church
Location – Chapel Hill, NC