trategy and Transactions – VME – Business Valuation – Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. EY’s Strategy and Transactions practice works with clients to create social and economic value by helping them make better, more informed decisions about strategically managing capital and transactions. As a Business Valuation Staff Analyst, you’ll help make that happen. That will mean using your unique insight to supply tailored advice to clients from all industries. Working on everything from pre-deal to post-deal, you’ll build an incredible base of experience that will set you apart for the rest of your career – all with the support of some of the top colleagues in the business.
Working in our globally integrated Transactions practice is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to become a world-class business advisor to some of the largest and most prestigious companies in the world. You will gain technical expertise, access to a variety of industries, holistic views of clients’ issues and strategic objectives, as well as deep knowledge and firsthand experience with the range of value-creating solutions we provide. You will work on the leading edge of transformational deals that make headlines, experience an exciting variety of work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop into a leader. Your work will help transform companies, and the depth and breadth of experiences you will have will help transform you into a trusted business advisor. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation Solutions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
Your key responsibilities
- Developing detailed financial models
- Analyzing and evaluating data, and documenting your findings
- Providing tailored valuation advice on both tangible and intangible assets
- Researching and determining value across our customers’ wide range of needs
- Identifying risks, issues and opportunities, suggesting simple, effective strategies to drive improvement
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A predicted degree in Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- A genuine interest in financial strategy and a constantly updating understanding of current trends and issues
- Strong MS office skills, especially when modeling using Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supported by the confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
- The ability to influence colleagues and communicate complex concepts simply and effectively to non-technical audiences
- Exposure to discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation methodology
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. Applicants for jobs in our offices in Colorado, Connecticut and Nevada can find more information here.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For more information, contact: Kevin Cheng <Kevin.Cheng@ey.com>
Company – EY
Location – Multiple