Sagis, PLLC (https://www.sagisdx.com/) accounting internship offers graduate students an opportunity to gain exposure to the inner working of a pathology laboratory’s business operations. We are seeking an energetic and responsible intern to join our growing organization. This position can either be in office or remote.
This paid internship will provide the selected candidate with the skillset of learning the operating and financial structure of the company and then proposing a revised chart of accounts and reporting structure that is robust enough to produce service line reporting from Quickbooks as well as allow for future growth as new service lines are brought online and help create budget to actual comparison reports.
Estimated Start Date: January 2021
Hours per Week/Pay: 10 hours a week, $15/hr
- Sagis has grown from having one service line (DermPath) to multiple service lines over the past two years, with more likely in the near future.
- While our state-of-the-art lab is located in Houston, TX, we have board certified Pathologists in multiple cities within Texas and in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- We have a robust and rapidly-growing residency training program that has been successful in us now working with physicians across the US.
Intern Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Must be proficient with financial accounting processes and procedures pertaining to for-profit corporations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the intern regularly works in an office setting
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to type, write, file, sit for extended periods of time, reach, twist, push, pull, and lift office supplies up to 20 pounds without assistance. The intern is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Dee Bagley-Thierry at email@example.com
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the intern for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2-4 weeks of submitting your application.
Company – Sagis, PLLC
Location – Remote (or in Houston, TX)